Content Management Systems
A content management system (CMS) is an application that stores all of your content in a password-protected database and displays it according to your design. It includes an administrative interface that allows an authorized user (or several users) to add, edit, remove, review, search, publish, archive, or rearrange the content in various ways. Typically a CMS requires special software for editing and manipulating pages and files.
You might want to consider partnering with Glide Interactive to develop a CMS for your business if:
- You want a large, dynamic site with several different features
- Your site needs frequent updates
- You’re just looking for a site that you can easily maintain yourself (rather than paying a Web developer to keep it updated for you)
Different types of content management systems can have several advantages over static Websites:
- CMS-based sites are easily maintained by anyone; even non-technical users
- The site structure conforms to Web standards and is search-engine friendly, leading to better search engine visibility and more traffic to your site
- The site owner can assign multiple users to update different areas of the site
Content management systems are ideal for business Websites that include frequently updated pages such as news articles, product specifications and pricing, employee information, photo galleries, audio/video/digital files, electronic documents, sales and marketing materials, and other information that might fall under various categories.
Glide Interactive has years of experience developing different types of CMS systems, including:
- Web content management — Ideal for businesses to display detailed company, product, and industry information on the Web.
- Transactional content management — Used for streamlining ecommerce transactions.
- Learning management — Applications for utilizing the Web for online classes, courses, and other learning materials.
- Enterprise CMS — Developed for businesses to maintain internal document management, records maintenance, business transaction storage, digital asset management, workflow information, and group collaboration.
With a well-developed, attractive, and user-friendly content management system, your business operations can be streamlined for maximum efficiency and increased site traffic.